List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Embedding in koffice (was: MICO problem solved...) + I need help for
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       1999-09-08 15:58:23

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> > [snip]
> >Sure !! I am one of those "too many people", remember ?
>
> Yes :-)
>
> >If/when we switch to tar, I think the best is to write a small conversion program
> >(so that one can convert his files using it, once and for all, and we get rid of
> >the binary format before the official release). I volunteer,
>
> Ok, good :-) We also could make a filter for loading old formats :-P
>
> >but what I'd like
> >would be to know the current state of affairs :)
>
> I don't know. Torben is currently on vacation and Werner Trobin maybe knows
> more, but hes currently also short of time as he is a the army at the moment....

Here I am :) My "response time" is about one day as I am not at home the whole
night and only parts of the day :(  Anyway - I'm trying :)

We developed a first draft for the structure and there were some threads about
it
on koffice (Sorry, don't know the dates/subjects/... :(
Torben wrote a somewhat working version of ktar - a class which is able to
handle
gzipped-tar-files (David: I'll send this file and the first draft via private
mail!
If anybody else is interested, please feel free to mail.)

IIRC the "remaining" tasks are:
1) iron out the rough edges of the first draft
2) integrate ktar in the koffice-lib (koStore???)
3) "port" the apps
4) write a conversion filter???

> >> But the loading embedded parts has nothing todo with stores, koStore works fine!
> >Right. But koStore's current output makes it very difficult to only read the file.
> >I know it's not related, but when trying to debug the first problem I met the second :)
>
> I know. You can change the text btw, if you don't change the number of
> characters :-)

Well, you can even change the length, but then you have to change the koStore
header, too. Good luck >:)

Werner