List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Embedding in koffice (was: MICO problem solved...) + I need help for CSV
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-09-08 4:31:20

On Wed, 08 Sep 1999, David Faure wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 10:39:14PM +0200, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>> >koffice (lib kofficecore): Trying to load store:/0
>> >koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Could not create child document
>> >koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: Could not load children
>>
>> That's the result of what I have described. believe me, I played around with
>> this a few dasy ago for 3 hours or so.
>>
>> >What's the status of using tar (.gz) as the native format for KOffice ?
>> >There was an agreement on this, IIRC, and then Torben started some work on it,
>> >... and then ? I would be willing to work on that if nobody else does.
>>
>> But ONLY if the application can choose if it want to use koStore or tar. At
>> least loading stores has to keep working. There are already too many people
>> using KPresenter regularly and they will kill me if they can't load their docs
>> anymore then. So, if you want work on it, please think about backwards
>> compatibility in this case and support koStore or tar for loading.
>Sure !! I am one of those "too many people", remember ?

Yes :-)

>If/when we switch to tar, I think the best is to write a small conversion program
>(so that one can convert his files using it, once and for all, and we get rid of
>the binary format before the official release). I volunteer,

Ok, good :-) We also could make a filter for loading old formats :-P

>but what I'd like
>would be to know the current state of affairs :)

I don't know. Torben is currently on vacation and Werner Trobin maybe knows
more, but hes currently also short of time as he is a the army at the moment....

>> But the loading embedded parts has nothing todo with stores, koStore works fine!
>Right. But koStore's current output makes it very difficult to only read the file.
>I know it's not related, but when trying to debug the first problem I met the second :)

I know. You can change the text btw, if you don't change the number of
characters :-)

--
Reggie