Reginald Stadlbauer wrote: > > > [snip] > >Sure !! I am one of those "too many people", remember ? > > Yes :-) > > >If/when we switch to tar, I think the best is to write a small conversion program > >(so that one can convert his files using it, once and for all, and we get rid of > >the binary format before the official release). I volunteer, > > Ok, good :-) We also could make a filter for loading old formats :-P > > >but what I'd like > >would be to know the current state of affairs :) > > I don't know. Torben is currently on vacation and Werner Trobin maybe knows > more, but hes currently also short of time as he is a the army at the moment.... Here I am :) My "response time" is about one day as I am not at home the whole night and only parts of the day :( Anyway - I'm trying :) We developed a first draft for the structure and there were some threads about it on koffice (Sorry, don't know the dates/subjects/... :( Torben wrote a somewhat working version of ktar - a class which is able to handle gzipped-tar-files (David: I'll send this file and the first draft via private mail! If anybody else is interested, please feel free to mail.) IIRC the "remaining" tasks are: 1) iron out the rough edges of the first draft 2) integrate ktar in the koffice-lib (koStore???) 3) "port" the apps 4) write a conversion filter??? > >> But the loading embedded parts has nothing todo with stores, koStore works fine! > >Right. But koStore's current output makes it very difficult to only read the file. > >I know it's not related, but when trying to debug the first problem I met the second :) > > I know. You can change the text btw, if you don't change the number of > characters :-) Well, you can even change the length, but then you have to change the koStore header, too. Good luck >:) Werner