List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question about kimageshop creation reasons
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-24 9:12:50

Hi,

The GIMP design has some missing features we want to implement.
GIMP only provides the RGB color model with 8 bits per color. We are providing
RGG, CMY(K), LAB,... Currently we are discussing about 16 bits per color
support.  I got some mails from users disappointed from GIMP because of this
missing features.

IMHO the user interface if GIMP is not so good. We want to make a better user
interface for easier using of KImageShop.

We cannot take so much code from GIMP because
- GIMP is written in C. We are coding in C++.
- The internal data structures don't fitting our demands.

--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch