List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1999-04-20 23:47:54

Lee Jong-seok wrote:

> I want to install KOffice for Qt2.0.
> But I don't know how to install Qt-2.0 , automake, and autoconf.
> Please let me know how to install them.
> And I can't unzip the automake and autoconf packages.
> I see a message"gzip:stdin: unexpected end of file".
> Please help me.
> Thank you.

1 : The Autoconf and Automake you have are broken.  That error means
the *.tar.gz file is incomplete or cropped.  Download again.

2 : You may not need anything new since most Linux ships with the GNU
tools.

3 : To install QT just copy the qt-2.0.tar.gz file to /usr/local
( qt-2.0.tar.gz might not be the actual name of the archive. ) then
run these commands starting in the /usr/local dir.
tar -zxvf qt-2.0.tar.gz
ln -s qt-2.0 qt
cd qt
less README

The Readme file will explain how to set up QT.