List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Database Work
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1999-03-30 6:53:54

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Kevin Forge wrote:
> > Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> > >
> > > 1. What has this to do with koffice? :-)
> >
> > KOffice is the most actively developed piece of the current KDE CVS
> > tree.
> > It also delivered most of these errors and contains the only module that
> > didn't compile at all.
> >
> > > 2. Whole KOffice compiles fine.
> >
> > Except kdiagramm
>
> On my systems the _whole_ koffice compiles just fine (_also_ kdiagramm).

Mine may be Diferent.  RedHat 5.1 with Autoconf-1.4
All the other stuff that matters is stock.

> > > 3. Ok, some parts crash in some situations, but not all the time.
> >
> > Yeah.  But that doesn't matter so much.  ( It's Alpha code ).  I really
> > like knowing what a compile time error message means.
>
> If you would send us them, we could maybe say more about it :-))

I did :).  But since you asked here it is again.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lX11.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
../libtool: /usr/bin/file: No such file or directory
../libtool: /usr/bin/file: No such file or directory
../libtool: /usr/bin/file: No such file or directory
../libtool: /usr/bin/file: No such file or directory

## seperate here.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.

these warnings come at various points throughout the compiling of KDE
and
KOffice.  I am worried that's all :)