List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Database integration in KWord
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-11-14 17:53:49

Thomas Zander said the following, On 2007-11-14 12:24:
> On Wednesday 14. November 2007 11:55:32 Joerg Stadermann wrote:
>> And what about kexi, are there any plans for kexi
>> integration? I'm asking because I'm about to modify kword's data
>> source user interface, hopefully making selecting records from a
>> table more convenient. Or did I miss something fundamental
>> regarding database integration?
>
> For KOffice2 any and all serial letter stuff is missing; I was waiting for
> kexi to become more integrated with KOffice, but there still is no way to get
> data out of kexi and no flake integration either :(
>
> I'm not sure what to do as development on kexi seems to again move away from
> KOffice integration. Which makes me a bit sad.

At the Berlin meeting I devoted my time on integration topics.  With no
visible interest in KWord's integration (also from your side) I put my fingers
on reusing KChart's component. I am assuming there are more important task in
kword's core, and I am OK with this; namely: I am not _sad_ because of this :)

Mail merge is a reporting function. For now with current resources it is hard
to maintain development of more than one reporting project - there is one
developed by Adam Pigg for quite some time.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek