List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: take KOffice out of Kde?
From:       Terry <terauck-klist () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-10-08 8:08:46

Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> On Sunday 07 October 2007, Terry wrote:
>
>> I have a number of scripts that perform functions which were on tap in
>> Lotus 123 - such as pasting formulas to results, navigating to the first
>> cell (the first cell of the document not the sheet) and that type of
>> thing.  The main scripts I have though are to maintain stock market
>> watch lists and portfolios.  I download csv files containing data
>> pertaining to a list of stocks then use my scripting to extract the data
>> and enter it to the relevant tables for each stock.  Each Friday weekly
>> tables are written from the daily data.  <snip>
>>
>> Perhaps the scripting support in 2.0.0 will not go far enough.  That's
>> fine.  I still want to help if I can in building some competition.
>>

> I would be very happy to know which parts exactly do not work yet or need to
> be improved. So, if you like to have it done before 2.0.0 is out, please feel
> free to mail me whatever details+samples+etc. and I'll try to have it working
> since I guess to have real-world use-cases like this one is still the very
> best way to focus on the most important things.
I will bear the possibility in mind.  I still don't know how I found
time to write my present scripts.  I'm assuming that KSpread will be
able to open the smaller file.  It was being unable to open the file
that stopped me in my tracks previously.  I understand that problem will
be remedied in 2.0.0.  Knowing now how close that is makes it more of a
priority to convert the scripts.

--

Regards, Terry North

Murphy's Law is recursive