List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: take KOffice out of Kde?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-05 10:29:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 05 October 2007 11:51:18 Terry-67 wrote:
> Would user sites be part of the kde.org domain?  Someone (yourself, IIRC)
> mentioned a forum.  I've got a site on wikidot.com and it seems to be an
> unbelievably good service.  I came across it through polishlinux.org which
> has a wiki there, as does TinyMe, a re-master of PCLinuxOS.  An easily used
> wiki (with forum if required and, later, blogs as well) could be set up
> there within a matter of minutes.

The domain name is not the hard part;  we have a wiki.koffice.org as an
example that is not under the .kde.org hierarchy.

> Finding contributors will be the difficult part.

Yeah, we need to take care of only placing under the .koffice.org domain name
things we (the KOffice community) believe in to be sustainable. By this I
mean that the domain name makes it feel more official, and we don't want a
one-day-fly to be too strongly affiliated with us.

I guess trying out one of the free services and when we find a working
solution we can make it more official (and make devs go there for providing
answers) is a strategy I would suggest.
--
Thomas Zander