List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Lies about requirements and then refuses to accept bug
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-11-08 14:24:35

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 12:13, David Faure wrote:
> > I guess no one bothered to try to build it on 3.3.0 as I believe you
> > need 3.4 at a minium for the setShadeSortColumn
> > koOpenPaneBase.cc: In constructor
> > `KoOpenPaneBase::KoOpenPaneBase(QWidget*, const char*, uint)':
> > koOpenPaneBase.cc:50: error: 'class KListView' has no member named
> > 'setShadeSortColumn'
>
> Damn. I had fixed that error in another file but that one has the same
> problem. You can find the fix attached.

Hi John,

you must feel overwhelmed with the amount of emails your request triggered. I
apologise if that adds to any confusion. KDE does not have an official
helpdesk or user-support department. We rely on external companies for that.
Nevertheless, since you contacted us we will do our best to solve the problem
you hit.

As David Faure already said in another email, we can provide small personal
updates to make sure you can continue your compile. I hope you did not delete
the sources you downloaded, we will make sure you can compile KOffice on your
machine.

I decided to do the compile against 3.3 and find out any problems there may
be.
I found that my distribution does not ship a new enough version of the library
lcms, which means that krita will not be able to work.  If you can, please
make sure you upgrade lcms to 1.15 if you want to use krita. After you did
that make sure you do the configure again and just type 'make'.

I found 4 problems you would also have found.
1: koffice-1.6.0/lib/kofficecore/koOpenPaneBase.ui
solution; replace that file with the attached one.
This solution means you can forget the patch that David Faure sent.

2: koffice-1.6.0/kivio/kiviopart/ui/kiviostencilsetwidget.ui
solution; replace that file with the attached one.

3: koffice-1.6.0/kexi/kexiutils/kexiutils_export.h
solution; replace that file with the attached one.

4: koffice-1.6.0/krita/ui/wdggridsettings.ui
solution; replace that file with the attached one.

We will make sure that the upcoming 1.6.1 release will include those fixes as
well, which means you indirectly helped to make KOffice better.

Thank you, and have fun with KOffice!
--
Thomas Zander

["koOpenPaneBase.ui" (application/x-designer)]
["kiviostencilsetwidget.ui" (application/x-designer)]
["kexiutils_export.h" (text/x-chdr)]

/* This file is part of the KDE project
   Copyright (C) 2005 Jaroslaw Staniek <js@iidea.pl>

   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
   modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
   License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
   version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
   Library General Public License for more details.

   You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public License
   along with this program; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
   the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,
 * Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
*/

#ifndef _KEXIUTILS_EXPORT_H_
#define _KEXIUTILS_EXPORT_H_

#include <kdemacros.h>

#ifdef MAKE_KEXIUTILS_LIB
# define KEXIUTILS_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#elif defined(KDE_MAKE_LIB)
# define KEXIUTILS_EXPORT KDE_IMPORT
#else
# define KEXIUTILS_EXPORT //for apps
#endif

#endif

["wdggridsettings.ui" (application/x-designer)]