List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Configure errors koffice-1.6.0
From:       Terry <teaman () exemail ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-10-20 10:34:11

David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 19 October 2006 10:56, Terry wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I suppose this means I have to install Mandriva "2007" (released about
>> September, 2006) just to get KSpread.
>>

> Certainly not. Mandriva 2006 is certainly fine for compiling KOffice-1.6 on it.
>
> "-I/usr/bin/X11/X" is rather strange, are you giving any special options to ./configure?
>
> You probably need to install a number of development packages. Try the following commands:
> urpmi bzip2-devel
> urpmi libxorg-x11-devel
Thanks for the pointers.

I finished updating those packages and subsequently installed several
hundred megabytes of additional packages required.  At least one
optional package itself requires compiling.

Installing Mandriva "2007" may be the most efficient path, however.  I
understand that seerofsouls.com will have KOffice 1.6.0 for the later
version of Mandriva within the next few days.  I now have a DVD to
install Powerpack "2007".

I'm going to devote my spare time in the near future to finishing off my
Sabayon installation because that should give me a system which I can
keep updating and upgrading without having to do a fresh OS installation
every 12 months or so just so that I can keep / get my software up to
date.  Emerge should enable me to install the latest KOffice.

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au