List:       koffice
Subject:    Configure errors koffice-1.6.0
From:       Terry <teaman () exemail ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-10-19 5:28:21

Greetings, all.  This is probably a lost cause but here goes.

Against my better judgment, I tried to compile koffice-1.6.0.

Configure stopped with the following statements:

[quote]
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
          Possibly configure picks up an outdated version
          installed by XFree86. Remove it from your system.

          Check your installation and look into config.log
[end quote]

The relevant portion of config.log seems to be:

[quote]
configure:32447: checking for extra includes
configure:32475: result: no
configure:32479: checking for extra libs
configure:32508: result: no
configure:32514: checking for libz
configure:32554: gcc -o conftest -std=iso9899:1990 -W -Wall
-Wchar-subscripts -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wwrite-strings -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -O2
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -I/usr/bin/X11/X
-D_REENTRANT  conftest.c -L/usr/X11R6/lib    -lz  >&5
cc1: error: /usr/bin/X11/X: not a directory
configure:32560: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
[end quote]

These statements make as much sense to me as the notion of trying to
popularise software this way.

Can anyone set me on the path to working out what I need to do?

Best regards, Terry.

--

If you're seeking, check out http://www.rci.org.au