List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Configure errors koffice-1.6.0
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-10-19 6:13:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19 October 2006 07:28, Terry wrote:
> Greetings, all.  This is probably a lost cause but here goes.
>
> Against my better judgment, I tried to compile koffice-1.6.0.

Well, we cannot tell you exactly what happened since we don't know which Unix
you are using, which versions of the various dependencies you have installed,
whether you have the development packages installed (if you are using a
version of Unix or Linux that makes that distinction).

If an error like this flummoxes you, you should be using the binary packages
your distribution provides for you. A configure error like this is not the
usual case.

> cc1: error: /usr/bin/X11/X: not a directory

What kind of a system are you running?

> These statements make as much sense to me as the notion of trying to
> popularise software this way.

Nobody tries popularizing software this way. We work together with linux
distributions to provide binary versions of our software for distribution to
users through their package management system. That's the way we want to
popularize our software. Users don't run the configure script or compile
source.

> Can anyone set me on the path to working out what I need to do?

Not without a lot more information.
--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi