List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice for Linspire
From:       Matej Cepl <cepl () surfbest ! net>
Date:       2004-12-30 17:31:31

Wallace Morse wrote:
> I purchased a computer with Linspire preinstalled. Since it came without
> a desktop office program, will KOffice work with Linspire? I am brand
> new to Linux so any help would be appreciated. Does the program
> self-install? I am looking for  good "word" and spreadsheet programs. If
> you choose to help me, please give me detailed instructions by return
> email on how to get and install the product.

I like KOffice a lot, but if you are a new to whole Linux world, I would
strongly suggest you to use OpenOffice instead. It is much more mature and
with much bigger support to new users. i do not know enough about linspire,
but I am sure they provide OOo somehow.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big
words?
      -- Ernest Hemingway
         (about William Faulkner)