List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Insert text box always goes to pg 1
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-09 19:56:56

On Monday 26 July 2004 23:25, Charlie Bradley wrote:
> I am the editor of a community news letter.  I have been using Kword for a few
> months now and find it very easy to use.  The problem I am having though is
> when I want to insert a text box into a page, the box always winds up on page
> 1.  It is very time consuming and frustrating when I have to drag the box
> over numerous pages in order to place it where I need it.
> Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in the software?
> I am using ver 1.3 on KDE 3.2.3.

Weird. Is that an inline text box, or a non-inline one?
If you choose non-inline, you can place it whereever you want.....
[if you choose to make it inline, then it's obviously placed inside the text (so
on page 1), but dragging it around isn't even supposed to work...]

(which template are you using? I'm wondering if this could be a DTP-mode issue,
but I guess not).