List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Minimum KDE requirements for KOffice.
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-02-17 16:15:31

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 16:46, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to install, on a computer which has *ONLY* Linux and
> XFree installed, the following programs and nothing else:
>
> Konqueror

kdebase (libkonq and konqueror)

> KMail

kdepim (lib* and kmail)

> Knode

kdepim/knode

> Kicker

kdebase/kicker

> KWin

kdebase/kwin

> The question are:
> 1) what prerequired packages do I need, and which versions exactly?
>  (only Qt 3.2, or both 3.2 and 3.1, artsd, what else?)

Qt 3.2, arts, kdelibs 3.2.

> 2) of all the original KDE 3.2 tarballs, which ones do I need?
arts, kdelibs, kdebase, kdepim, koffice

> 3) how do I modify which makefiles to compile and install only
> the apps listed above?

Put this in inst-apps before running Makefile.cvs
libkonq
konqueror
kicker
kwin

(for kdebase)

and do something equivalent in kdepim, listing all libs first, then kmail and knode.