List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Import/Export
From:       Bharathi S <bharathi () lantana ! TeNeT ! res ! in>
Date:       2003-07-04 12:48:05

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, David Faure wrote:

Thanks,

> > > Do you mean "will my new filter appear automatically in the file
> > > dialog"? Yes it will, if its .desktop files is correct.

> > Kedit is also using the same KFileDialog Box. But in that, I am
> > NOT getting the Import/Export dialog, while opening the non-utf8
> > encoded files. Why ?

> KEdit is a simple KDE application, totally unrelated to KOffice. Do
> you really mean kedit, or do you mean kword?

I used "KEDIT", to see whether the filter OR import/export support is
available to all apps OR Not. Bcoz all KApps are using the same
KFileDialog Box.

And I checked, few .desktop files. But I didn't see anything related
to Filter/Encoding. In the mean time, I tried to develope one simple
KApp in KDevelop, there in .desktop file, I saw one entry for
Encoding. But I don't know, "How to utilize this ?".

[OT] How to compile the sample Kapp code ?

TIA,
--
Bharathi S, IndLinuX Team,   (__)
DON Lab,    TeNeT Group,     oo )