List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.3 alpha?
From:       Ferdinand Gassauer <gassauer () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-23 16:48:41

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.3-release-plan.html

>> Is MS Word's import filter stable?  Can it handle import of more-less
> typical
>> 2-page datasheet .doc (multi-column tables, few images)?
>
> No images, but else it works nicely and is stable. The plan is to support
> Word 6 documents by Beta 1, but I can't promise that. Support for images
> should be there in KOffice 1.3, but I don't know whether I'll be able to
> implement it till Beta 2 (this semester is really busy).
>
> Ciao,
> Werner
Werner, there are still some serious issues importing w97/xp docs.
- header, footer
- page numbering
- tables
- (optional) font type replacement (IMHO very important, as this is the
"first" impression) - I know it has nothing to to with kword and the filter
- multi-column (I get only the first page) and this one is not rendered
completely correct.

if it is helpful I can try to construct some test cases.
--
cu
ferdinand