List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.3 alpha?
From:       Vadim Plessky <vplessky () faringosept ! ru>
Date:       2003-03-23 17:23:23

On Sunday 23 March 2003 18:15, Werner Trobin wrote:
|  On Sunday 23 March 2003 15:54, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  >
|  > I am wondering when we should expect KOffice 1.3 alpha/beta?
|
| http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.3-release-plan.html

Thanks!

|  > Is MS Word's import filter stable?  Can it handle import of more-less
|  typical
|  > 2-page datasheet .doc (multi-column tables, few images)?
|
|  No images, but else it works nicely and is stable. The plan is to support
| Word 6 documents by Beta 1, but I can't promise that. Support for images
| should be there in KOffice 1.3, but I don't know whether I'll be able to
| implement it till Beta 2 (this semester is really busy).

Is it possible to supply Word .doc and get back KWord's .kwd back? :-)
I hope file format in KWord 1.3 would be compatible with KWord 1.2, or at
least it would be posisble to save docs in 1.2 format?

Purpose of my question is somewhat simple.
On my new job, I have got a set of product datasheets in Word .doc format
(well, nothing new, it sems that in all companies people create datasheets in
Word), and I evaluate now possibility to rework those in KWord.
In case one file imports ok - most likely, other files would be ok, too.

BTW:  It seems I have MS Office XP installed on office computer. So, if
someone needs test file(s) from that beast - I can do it easily. :-)
On the first glance, file from Word 2000 loaded into Word XP and saved without
modification, increases in size. So it can be interesting to check what crap
Word XP adds to to the content.

|  Ciao,
|  Werner

Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net