List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page sizes not consistent with ghostscript
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2003-03-04 14:07:47

> I agree that the application (any application) should be able to set the page
> size (including custom sizes). but it should allow for user override (maybe an
> option to do this ???????).

I don't consider this as "the user overriding the application", but as
"the user overriding himself". He's the guy who defines the initial page
size at application level. If he meant another page size, then fine,
just change it, but at application level. Letting KDEPrint desynchronize
the page size with respect to the application is probably a bad idea
and will lead to unwanted effects people will complain about.
However, this only makes sense with support for custom page size at
application/kdeprint level, which is still not the case.
But this is only my opinion, for me it reduces to a 1-line code change.

Michael.