List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page sizes not consistent with ghostscript
From:       Mr E_T <troll () logi ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-03-04 13:48:07

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> > Qt supports natively Envelope DL format. Try any KDE application, select
> > print to file, edit printer properties and see the list of formats.
>
> In QT perhaps, in KPrinter too, but not in KOffice. In KWord's Format/Page,
> you cannot select it.
>

> > > My point is that the programmer cannot know what paper is physically
> > > available in the printer.
>
> No, no, it is not a matching failure. It is a non-supported feature in
> KOffice.
>
> (As for QPrinter's richness, well, it misses many ISO C formats, which means
> that you miss a whole range of envelope formats.)

Actually I was just pointing out how much the Two problems (Custom paper size
and the page size dialog being disabled) annoyed me and caused problems from a
user point of view.

While I am good at Maths and stuff, I am not good at explaining things using
the written word. So if I seem to be round about please bear with me.

I agree that the application (any application) should be able to set the page
size (including custom sizes). but it should allow for user override (maybe an
option to do this ???????).

When custom page sizes are properly supported by kdeprint then maybe the dialog
should default to custom when the page size is not found. But without preventing
the user from overriding the printer page size.

I know that Custom page sizes are waiting for full support from QT (Im glad that
it is on its way).

But the inability for the user to override , in my opinion , should be fixed

Thanx for the attention and the explanations.

 --
regs MR E_T