List:       koffice
Subject:    kpresenter DCOP Questions
From:       Christian Haas <haas () yoyo ! at>
Date:       2003-02-24 18:10:49

Hi!

I want to run some Presentations in Kpresenter in random order on a
Kiosk system.
Therefor i want to use a perl-script which control kpresenter via DCOP.

At the moment i can start kpresenter with a file an start the presentation.
I know if an Presentation has endet (if "dcop kpresenter-XXX View-0
getCurrentPage" = "-1") and can quit kpresenter.

Now i want to start a 2nd kpresenter during the 1st is running the
presentation. But the 2nd one is producing a "flash" at the screen
during start.

How can i start a 2nd kpresenter without disturbing the 1 presentation.
(or more global: How to start a other application without any output
on the screen (kstart --desktop 2 --iconify "kpresenter pre.kpr" does
not do this)

Or how to let the runnig presentation allways be in forground.

please help

chris