List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Experiences with KWord 1.2.1 (KDE3.1)
From:       Vadim Plessky <vplessky () faringosept ! ru>
Date:       2003-02-24 9:40:23

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 16:28, David Faure wrote:
|  On Wednesday 19 February 2003 13:49, Michael Thaler wrote:
|
|  > Another thing: I just printed out my curriculum vitae and realized
|  > that the italic fonts are printed as normal fonts. Anyway, I have the
|  > feeling that the fonts on screen and on the printed out version are
|  > not the same. I used Urw Palladio l and Verdana.
|
|  Ghostscript configuration problem (unfortunately I have no idea how
|  to fix it. Look in the list archives for this list for something about how
|  to add font paths to ghostscript.

Michael: check wether your KDE/QT embeds fonts, or not.

you need to turn on embedFonts in $HOME/.qt/qtrc

[General]
embedFonts=true
enableXft=true

When font is embedded, it would look like in Ghostscript the same as on
screen.

|  - --
|  David FAURE, faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se

Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net