List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Benefit from Open Office sources?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-01-04 15:54:08

No, we do not use OO's source.

It is not because it is a program that you can reuse its code (like apples and
oranges are fruits but you cannot mix them to create a new fruit.)

Any program code makes assumption, in particular in which support library it
uses (for example GTK for GNOME, QT for KDE.) Already this makes it difficult
to re-use code.

However, KOffice uses a few libraries that are used by other applications
(like libxml2, which comes from the GNOME world.)

Have a nice day/evening/night!