List:       koffice
Subject:    Benefit from Open Office sources?
From:       "thelightning"<thelightning () mynet ! com>
Date:       2003-01-04 0:20:42

Hello,
First of all want to thank to all koffice developers.
Sure it's a good work.
I'm a regular MSOffice user (for my work). I'm also a fan of Linux.
Unfortunately in penguin world, there isn't any powerful and speedy
office program like MS.
Open office is a bit powerful and achieves a lot of thing,
but it's very very slow (on my system) and has an ugly user interface.
I really like KDE and also Koffice interface. So I want to see my
Koffice more powerful than OO. But sure now OO is more powerful.
Now I wan't to ask to koffice developers:
 * Do you make use of Open office sources to accelerate Koffice
developement?
 * If not, why? (then what is open source philosophy)
I believe that you should benefit from OO sources and KOffice will be
better than OO if it gets more capable.
Bye!