List:       koffice
Subject:    [kpresenter] Images - wishlist
From:       Orjan Ekeberg <orjan () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2003-01-04 1:25:06

Images are important in many types of presentations. When trying to use
KPresenter (version 1.2.1) I have some problems with its handling of images.
Here are some wishes to consider for future versions:

- When inserting a picture, there is no way of ensuring that the height/width
aspect ratio is kept from the original. In my opinion, it would be better to
have it locked from the beginning with the possibility to unlock it later.

- Images with transparent parts (PNG, EPS, GIF) are not transparent! This
prevents many uses of externally generated figures, in particular when using
a non-white background.

- Any hope of integrating libxine or noatun to make it possible to view video
clips in kpresenter? I currently have to jump out of the presentation
(ctrl-F2 ... ctrl-F1) and use xine separately. This works ok but is not as
nice as having the video clips as part of a slide.