List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kontour, Karbon14 & Krita
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-12-11 19:01:35

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 6:24 am, ephemeron@uk2.net wrote:
|  At Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:03:35 +0100,
|
|  Nicolas Goutte wrote:
|  > - Kontour is abandonned
|  > - Karbon14 is Kontour's (emergency) replacement but is still in
|  > progress
|
|  I'm puzzled by this. Why is one relatively mature vector drawing
|  program being abandoned only to be "replaced" by another? Both

Ask Kontour author(s) why they decided to stop any work on it.

|  are free programs. How much code reusing is involved (aside from
|  the usual common KDE libraries)? I liked Kontour and was looking

Check <koffice-devel> archives for VPainter API discussions.

|  forward to it becoming truly an Illustrator killer. (I suspect
|  that was why some of the Adobe people hated its former name,
|  KIllustrator ;-)

I think KIllustrator (Kontour) code is still in CVS.
If you like it more than Karbon - take the code and become Kontour maintainer.
When obvious bugs are fixed, Kontour can become part of KOffice again.

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net
My KDE page
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
KDE mini-Themes