List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kontour, Karbon14 & Krita
From:       ephemeron () uk2 ! net
Date:       2002-12-11 3:24:39

At Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:03:35 +0100,
Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> - Kontour is abandonned
> - Karbon14 is Kontour's (emergency) replacement but is still in
> progress

I'm puzzled by this. Why is one relatively mature vector drawing
program being abandoned only to be "replaced" by another? Both
are free programs. How much code reusing is involved (aside from
the usual common KDE libraries)? I liked Kontour and was looking
forward to it becoming truly an Illustrator killer. (I suspect
that was why some of the Adobe people hated its former name,
KIllustrator ;-)