List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kspread parse problems
From:       Martin van Es <mrvanes () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2002-12-11 16:57:13

Hello Martin,

Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2002 11:29 schrieb Martin van Es:
> However: Kspread starts with a 'Syntax Error' in math.ks and entering
> anything that starts with an equal sign in a cell results in a ####Parse
> error (and a dialog with 'Syntax Error' when error reporting is on).

This is the first time I hear about such a problem.

Hmm... Suppose that should make me feel special?
:-/

> Any idea where to start?

- Hmm, KDE 3.0.5 may make problems with Qt 3.1.0. Have you tried to compile it
with Qt 3.0.x?

I need Qt3.1.0 for xft2 (freetype/fontconfig 2) and CVS X support. No
experience (no actually no intention) compiling Koffice against an older
version of Qt to be honest.
I don't see how a UI library could influence parsing parts of the code
anyway...
And besides all that: KDE 3.0.5 runs like a charm on Qt3.1.0.

- Are you sure you don't have any older version of KOffice (i.e. 1.1.1)
installed?

I swear I have never used KOffice before this effort ;-)
1.2 is my first contact with the suite.

- I use Debian Woody for development of KSpread, so it is basically not an
issue with the distribution.

Thanks for your feedback anyway. Other ideas?
Quick debug tests/options?

Martin