List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kspread parse problems
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-12-09 19:06:53

Hello Martin,

Am Montag, 9. Dezember 2002 11:29 schrieb Martin van Es:
> However: Kspread starts with a 'Syntax Error' in math.ks and entering
> anything that starts with an equal sign in a cell results in a ####Parse
> error (and a dialog with 'Syntax Error' when error reporting is on).

This is the first time I hear about such a problem.

> Even
> after applying the 'after 1.2' kspread_obscured_cell patch (not that I
> expected that to solve my problems though).

You are right, this patch doesn't have influence on parcing data.

> I obviously miss some library and or header that serves the cell parser on
> a very low level, but since configure didn't warn me and everything
> compiles fine I have no idea where to start.
>
> KDE: 3.0.5 (libs/base etc).
> Qt: 3.1.0
> All compiled with the same compiler.
>
> debian packages:
> libc6: 2.2.5-14
> gcc: 2.95.4
>
> Any idea where to start?

- Hmm, KDE 3.0.5 may make problems with Qt 3.1.0. Have you tried to compile it
with Qt 3.0.x?

- Are you sure you don't have any older version of KOffice (i.e. 1.1.1)
installed?

I use Debian Woody for development of KSpread, so it is basically not an issue
with the distribution.

Philipp