List:       koffice
Subject:    RE: Problems with fonts and KParts objects.
From:       Philipp =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-11-27 10:47:38

Hello Pascal,

> I have a little problem when I create a new KSpread object in a KPresenter

> document.
> I edit the KSpread object (with double-clicking on it) and choose
> the same font and size as the one selected for the text in KPresenter.

This is the correct way, how it is intended to be

> When I return into KPresenter the font is not rendered correctly and
nicely.

Yes, this is a limitation in KSpread. When embedded and inactiv, KSpread is
(normally) zoomed and this will lead to this bad rendering. This zoom comes
from the adjustement of the paintings to your local X-Server settings, i.e. if
you have your X-Server running with 100dpi, the internal zoom is set to
72dpi/100dpi, unrelated to your visible zoom which can still be 100%. But in this
case, if you set your visible screen zoom to 72%, the internal will be set
to 100%, so you should get correct KSpread rendering (this is how it is here).
The correct zoom behaviour is mostly implemented in current cvs version
which will become version 1.3.

> When I open the presentation with a lower graphical resolution, my
KPresenter
> document looks identical with the exception of all the KSpread objects:

This is most propably a bug in KPresenter. As far as I have seen, embedded
objects are not zoomed.

> I have to edit them all, changing the size of the font, resize the columns
and
> the rows, and then resizes the objects in KPresenter.

Yes, this is the result, but adjusting them is rather not correct. If you
change zoom, then they will look again different.

> This is a bit annoying when you have a lot of tables included.

Of course.

> Is this a bug or feature not implemented?

KSpread: Missing feature, KPresenter most propabely a bug.

Philipp

PS: Laurent: I tried to fix here a bit but there seems to be more than one
bug in the code:
1. Embedded objects have the loop which brings them to the top/left when
active (fixed in branch and head).

1a. KoChild->setZoom is not called in the constructor of kpresenter_view.cc
(affects branch only I think)

2. Embedded objects call the geometry() and setGeometry method of the
kochild with zoomed coordinates, but they should be unzoomed (like in KWord). I
have a patch local for this.

3. When coordinates are unzoomed with my patch, then the active embedded
object is displayed at the left side of the canvas (starting at the preview
thumbnails, not at the visible area).
Don't know if this should be fixed with setGeometry for KoChild or with
xOffset. I think the xOffset is the correct approach.

4. Embedded objects are always rendered unzoomed. I have no idea here.

5. Maybe other issues pop up as well when 1a-4 are fixed.