List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-05 16:43:06

> I know that MSWord can insert lines/rectangles/etc. directly into the text,
> but this never worked as I wanted (drawings moved in random directions
> when the text moves down, due to some more paragraphs being inserted
> above it).

The trick is don't move this drawing object with text (right click to reach
Properties dialog). This way, the object is fixed within certain position.
Even you might need to modify/turn off text flow around the object. In
addition, if you need drawing objects which should be anchored, the other
trick is not to use "floating object" (again, in the Properties dialog).