List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-11-05 20:34:57

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 7:03 pm, Piotr Gawrysiak wrote:
|  > use kpresenter drawing functions in kword. In openoffice, it makes you
|  feel
|  > like any app can modify your document. For example, you can write a text
|  > using the word processor, then open it with the drawing app and modify
|  > it.
|
|  Sound like a very interesting idea to me (but who am I to judge...:-).
| Would it be doable?

This is doable.
You (or someone else) should create SVG export filter for KWord, than
resulting SVG file can be modified in Karbon14.
In case KDE gets "SVG printer" class - you would be able to do this with *any*
KDE application, incl. Konq.

But I still believe that you should use *right tool for the right task*.
1-page diagram / drawing should be created in Karbon.
Multi-page document should just embed such drawings.

P.S. yes, I know some people writing office Memos in Corel DRAW.
And another man who was preparing tables in PowerPoint (monthly sales results
per country).  And some people prepare business cards in MS Word. :-))

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)