List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-11-04 16:29:18

Am Montag, 4. November 2002 12:08 schrieb Piotr Gawrysiak:
> ..., but still some
> roadmap, or vision, would be usefull.

Agreed

> If only to suggest to other would-be
> developers (or non professional supporters, I mean non-programmers) what
> can be done within the project, and when to start worrying that the project
> has stalled and needs help. Things like
> http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/timeline.html, or even (ehm)

This would be good. Simple answer here. Nobody had time to do it yet and to
keep it up to date.
And up to date is the most important thing. I personally prefer having no
timeline than an outdated one.

> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.1-features.html :-)

This doesn't apply very much (at the moment).
The main goal for this list is rather to have a common deadline and commitment
for features comming into the release for the huge KDE project. For KOffice,
this is not (yet) needed, as there are much less individual projects and
programmers and we can deside quite fast. If we get more developers, such a
list will be needed.

> > supporters (e.g. anybody willing to enhance our homepage?) to bring
>
> KOffice to
> Homepage (you mean - http://www.koffice.org/kspread/?) - sure, I would like
> to improve it :-) Not that I am a great web designer or something, but...
> How can I help?

Yes this site I meant. Just bring "meat" to it, how I would say in german.
More text discribing the functionality, the missing functionality, text about
us personally ;-), new screenshots, references, howtos...
There is really a lots of stuff which can be added, if someone is willing to
do it and even more important keeping it up to date.

To the current web team: Thanks for the work so far, this is not a critic of
your work. Can you tell something to Piotr here, how he can contribute/help?

Philipp