List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [kde] KDE version of OpenOffice?
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2002-11-04 12:42:06

> Sure but if people really want "native" drawing objects in KWord, like
> kpresenter sort of has already, we could have a common lib for that (iirc
> this was the idea behind kopainter? I guess a more recent version of this
> would be karbon's libs)

My experience of people drawing objects directly in MsWord is historians
creating stemmas of manuscripts. A manuscript stemma is a kind of tree where
you classify the manuscripts of a text to show graphically the philological
tradition.

People spend hours connecting the different words with pointed arrows to find
that it doesn't print well or when you want to change something, everything
is going amok and you need another couple of hours to fix it.

The right way would be to have a small python application where you enter the
relations between the manuscripts and that create the schema in svg that
could be embedded in your KWord file.

Cheers,
Charles
--