List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE3 Start Wizard
From:       Ken THompson <admin () nwaa ! com>
Date:       2002-10-02 19:55:50

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 10:18 am, Jaymz Julian wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Ken THompson wrote:
> > I know this is off topic but can someone tell me how to disable the
> > *totally* annoying startup wizard in KDE 3xx?
>
> there are several ways:
>
> a) theoretiically, if you are root, the following *should* do, however
> this broke in a weird way on my box....
>
> not that this is for debian, ... your global kde directory may be
> somewhere else
>
> echo 'FirstLogin=false' > /usr/share/config/kpersonalizerrc
>
> b) if you're root, and you feel adventurious, you can disable it for
> everyone by edition your startkde file (this is what we did for our
> distro).  delete/comment line 118 (and possibly through to 131, tho 118
> only will do it)
Line 118 was showing something about there being 4 directories . . . . .

> c) if you are less adventurous, you can run the following command as root
> in your /etc/skel:
>
> echo 'FirstLogin=false' > .kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc
/opt/kde3/share/kpersonalizerrc already had the FirstLogin=False

> you can also do that for individual users by executing that commandin your
> home directory
>
> d) chmod ugo-x /usr/bin/kpersonalizer ;).  This is what we used to do,
> however it will prevent anyone from running it *ever* :-p.
This one did the job......
Thanks for the fast reply and help.........

--
Ken Thompson, North West Antique Autos
Payette, Idaho

Linux- Coming Soon To A Desktop Near You
Registered Linux User #183936