List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE3 Start Wizard
From:       Jaymz Julian <jaymz () dspaudio ! com>
Date:       2002-10-02 16:18:23

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Ken THompson wrote:

> I know this is off topic but can someone tell me how to disable the *totally*
> annoying startup wizard in KDE 3xx?

there are several ways:

a) theoretiically, if you are root, the following *should* do, however
this broke in a weird way on my box....

not that this is for debian, ... your global kde directory may be
somewhere else

echo 'FirstLogin=false' > /usr/share/config/kpersonalizerrc

b) if you're root, and you feel adventurious, you can disable it for
everyone by edition your startkde file (this is what we did for our
distro).  delete/comment line 118 (and possibly through to 131, tho 118
only will do it)

c) if you are less adventurous, you can run the following command as root
in your /etc/skel:

echo 'FirstLogin=false' > .kde/share/config/kpersonalizerrc

you can also do that for individual users by executing that commandin your
home directory

d) chmod ugo-x /usr/bin/kpersonalizer ;).  This is what we used to do,
however it will prevent anyone from running it *ever* :-p.

	- jaymz

--
Jaymz Julian aka A Life in Hell
Coder, Visionary, Fat Ass.