List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: installing koffice 1.2
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 19:58:28

Hello!

--- David Faure <david@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 29 September 2002 18:34, Marc Heyvaert
> wrote:

<SNIP>

> Two very important things:
> * you must install KDE and KOffice in the same
> prefix
> well, with 1.2 it's not so necessary anymore, it
> should work
> even in different prefixes, but then the 2nd point
> applies even more:
> * you can NOT have both koffice-1.1 and koffice-1.2
> installed
> at the same time (unless they are both OUT of the
> normal KDE
> prefix. Otherwise KDE will load the libs for
> koffice-1.1 ...)

I followed up your advice, uninstalled koffice 1.1.1.
(was in the RedHat distribution so with Kpackage this
was easy) and recompiled everything (make clean,
configure, make all and make install). Everything was
ok. But when I try to launch any koffice application I
get a "Mutex destroy failure : Device or resource
busy" I tried to look it up on the web, but it is sort
of opening a pandora's box.

Being a bit desperate :-) I even downloaded Mandrake
Linux 9.0, but the iso install disk won't burn  on my
CDR so this is really getting very frustrating. I hope
you can point me in the right direction again.

Thanks a million

Marc