List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Another Kugar Question
From:       Alexander Dymo <cloudtemple () mksat ! net>
Date:       2002-09-19 21:37:41

> how can i use fields in the report header?
> am i able to define them in the data-file?
> as it looks i can only use them in the detail part.

No way to use field in the headers/footers.
Fields represent repeatable data from a data file, so they can not be placed
in a header/footer. In kugar template you define only the name of the field
and it's graphical representation. In the data file, you define values for
this field for each row.

BTW, some report generators introduce the concept of "groups" where
group field can be placed in the group header. But there are no groups
currently in Kugar. As a solution I can suggest to use
two detail levels as you can see in sample3.kut.

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University