List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Footnotes in KWord
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-06-14 6:20:11

On Thursday 13 June 2002 23:06, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> IMO the footnote frame is too low on the page (it should be within marigins).
? Isn't it above the bottom margin that's specified in the page layout dialog?

> When I tried printing to PostScript some letters (such as "p" and "g") in my
> footnote were cut off. IMHO inserting footnote should make current frame
> smaller.
It's definitely supposed to... and does here.
Is this with recent CVS? Can you send a test doc?

> Also inserting footnote mark (I mean 1 (for example) in superscript)
> makes this line higher which is not good. (I once reported this but got no
> reply.)
It's on my todo to look at it. Time isn't infinite ;)

> Another KWord painting problems:
> 1. When a font is in italics (and in bold (to less extend)) on printout (I
> mean ps file) letters at the end of each line are cut off.
> 2. When in italics bottom parts of letters like "p" or "q" are not visible.
> This applies both to editing and printout when using Utopia [Adobe] Type 1
> font but not Times New Roman. Maybe there is sth wrong with height of Utopia
> font or generally Type 1 fonts? Can anyone reproduce?

Xft or non Xft setup? (Xft == XFree 4, Xft installed, and XRENDER available).
Ah, I can see this on a non-Xft one at least, with Utopia indeed.
It only happens with a zoom != 100%, right? This is the kind of thing I hope
to fix with the setMatrix stuff (see koffice-devel).

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/
LinuxTag was fun: polar bears, bad movies, live hacking, late hacking, bed sharing, Fahrplan.