List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: O.T. Spam
From:       Jost Schenck <jost.schenck () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-28 8:15:54

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 02:04, Michael Marcucio wrote:
> is there a way for members(who probrobly will be the majority of posters)
> to post freely to the list but non list members posts(might be a few a day?
> few a week?) are moderated?

Yes, this is possible. It's just that we did not want everybody who wants to
send us compliments/problem reports/etc. to receive a mail "Only members are
allowed to post on this list, your message has been forwarded to the list
maintainer for approval"; it always sounds a little bit insulting, I think.
David, Thomas et al. what do you think? Last time we talked about these
problems the spam problem was not nearly as large as it is now, so we might
reconsider this ...
-Jost.