List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: CDS/ISIS and IDAMS for KDE and Linux
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 17:47:16

Hi Reinhold,

you seem to have a problem which is probably nice to fix under KDE/Linux.
This is great news, and we like hearing that our tools can benefit others
since this is why we share them in the first place; helping others.

You seem under the impression that the KOffice team is a group or company
which can be a solution provider for your problem. This is not really a good
view of what we do. The KOffice team provides solutions and an open architecuture
so others can use and build on top of that.

We don't 'hire' ourselves for one particular problem, so the KOffice people
can't solve your problem here.
KOffice itself is probably a good first step in solving these problems, and
since you and others are free to use and extend the office suite I suggest
you find a company or maybe a group of students that implement your wishes.

This sounds like a bad suggestion and maybe even against what the openness of
KDE and KOffice stands for but it is not.  Using KDE/KOffice will provide 90%
of the solution to your problems; all that is left is 10% of the original
amount of work and naturally this is cheaper to buy, or easier to implement
for computer-science students.

I hope this helps you!