List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword and fonts
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-03-28 9:55:48

Hi,

Access to these characters is possible from the 'insert special character'
in the insert menu of kword.
You will find the em-dash and euro sign etc on page 32 or 33 (keep forgetting)
of fonts that supply the character.
If you have installed the microsoft-fonts (there is a debian package for it)
then you will find those characters in your Arial font at least.

If that fails; you should check if you are using a recent enough XFree (4.1
minimum), plus freeType and Xfc which should come with that version of XFree.

Further check that those fonts you installed are available in the first place
since you might have an installation that does not put the ttf/type1 fonts
rendering on by default.
Check
    http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:WfgYGjlySTQC:trolls.troll.no/~lars/fonts/qt-fonts-HOWTO.html+lars+troll+fonts&hl=en&start=1

Have fun