List:       koffice
Subject:    Kword and fonts
From:       Environment Centre of WA <ecwa () ecwa ! asn ! au>
Date:       2002-03-28 9:15:50

Dear People -

Two weeks ago we installed Debian 2.2, KDE 2.2.2 and (of course) KOffice.

Trying out Kword today, I discovered that I was unable to access a whole
heap of extended characters from the center of the code-pages for any of
the installed fonts.  Specifically, I needed Alt+0151 "m-dash".  Also, the
"Insert Character" dialog box was extremely unstable.

Is this a bug that you need to know about?  Or could it be something to do
with the painful hacking I had to do to get our house fonts into the system?

I should mention that we are migrating from Windows, and normally I would
insert these characters using the Alt+<numeric keypad> -- which appears to
not be an option under Linux.

Gordon Edwards.