List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Size of fonts miscalculated
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-05 0:41:27

On Thursday 31 January 2002 21:35, Volker Augustin wrote:
> > Could you give more details, please? For example which version of KWord,
> > which version of QT.
>
> Qt, KDE and KOffice is from CVS and about 2 days old.
>
> > And are the font that are working, or not working, bitmap, type1 or
> > truetype fonts? Can you see any other pattern?
>
> Andale Mono works, Arial does not, both are truetype.
> Bitstream Charter works, Utopia does not, both are type1.

Hmm, this is surprising. I know that bitmap fonts lead to very broken results,
but truetype and type1 fonts, being scalable, should work ok.

Arial works fine here so I can't test myself. Can you start KWord from a
terminal, type "abcd" in a document with Arial and a second similar line with
Utopia (hmm, and a third line with a font that works would help too), then
press Ctrl+Shift+V, and send me the debug output that appears in the terminal
when doing that.

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david, http://www.konqueror.org
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops