List:       koffice
Subject:    I can't print using kword.
From:       Julien Olivier <julo () altern ! org>
Date:       2001-11-24 12:12:56

Hi

Sorry to insist but I still can't print with kword. And nobody seems to have
the sames problems as I do.

Any document I try to print with kword lacks lines or has mixed letters.

I can reproduce this printing problem only with kword.

If I embed the koffice document into kspread, it prints perfectly !

I'm using KDE-2.2.2 / Koffice 1.1 on Mandrake 8.1 (I installed KDE Mandrake
RPMs yesterday) and had the same problem with KDE-2.2.1 / Koffice 1.1.

The font I use comes from Windows 2000. It's Verdana TTF. I don't have the
same problem on my other PC (exactly same distribution / configuration). So,
I imagine it comes from the font. But the fact the problem exists only using
kword shows that the problem is font-related but is due to kword, not to the
font. Maybe kword uses a special ps rendere that isn't used in kspread... so
maybe it's a QT bug... I don't know.

I don't know enough in QT/KDE programming to solve the problem myself. So, I
hope someone will be able to find the problem and fix it for KDE-3 release.

--
Julien Olivier