List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord: Printing
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-18 23:59:47

On Monday 19 November 2001 00:50, Jonathan Drews wrote:
>  Well that is very encouraging.

Is it ? :}

>  What is your screen resolution and does that have any bearing on the problem?

  dimensions:    1152x864 pixels (370x271 millimeters)
  resolution:    79x81 dots per inch
but I'm not able to say if it's relevant at all.

> Are you using an accelerated video?
ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP (rev 92) says /proc/pci,
using XFree86-4.0.3
Again, not sure it's related - this mainly affects the screen stuff,
not so much printing (especially not for images).

> I am using that and that may be a
> possible problem.  Can you think of anything that I should look at that may
> be a possible cause?

Didn't you say the problem was PS file generation ? The best way might be
for someone who knows PS (i.e. not me) to look into the generated file.
Qt is the primary culprit for PS generation. Especially if you said that the
problem happens in other KDE/Qt apps. Then there's the EPS handler
but that's part of kdelibs so we're using the same.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops