List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord: Printing
From:       Ralph De Witt <ralphfdewitt () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2001-11-18 23:55:59

On Sunday 18 November 2001 15:21, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 19 November 2001 00:19, Ralph De Witt wrote:
> > Sorry for jumping in middle of conversation, but I am having a printing
> > problem with Kword. I did a completed install of SuSE 7.3 (reformated
> > drives), installed Koffice 1.1 and shifted printing to cups. Selected my
> > printer a HP Deskjet 940C used the 950c driver, got good results in
> > Kmail. Installed my Kword documents from previous install. In print
> > preview they appear compressed and seem to overlap each line. They print
> > as in print preview.
>
> As usual....
>
> > Are their any ideas as to what may becausing this. I know I am not the
> > only one having this problem. I have run across several other people on
> > the SuSE mailing list having this same problem. But so far no solutions
> > or a clue as to what the problem may be.
> >
> > Has anything come to lite in this thread yet.
>
> No, not yet. See also bug #33440 for some investigation on this.
>
> Please try to find which components match the ones mentionned there.
> For instance, are you using Qt 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 ? Compare xfree versions,
> etc. Something is making a difference, and it's not KOffice's version.

Qt is version 2.3.1- SuSE rpm build 60
NVIDIA_GLX 1.0 rpm build 1541
NVIDIA-kernal 1.0 rpm build 1541
Ghostscript 6.51 SuSE rpm build 41
Xfree86 4.1.0 SuSE rpm build 45
Kernel is the stock SuSE 2.4.10 SuSE rpm build 12
cups  1.1.10 SuSE rpm build 25
qtcups 2.0 SuSE rpm build 132
aps 1.8.SuSE SuSE rpm build 214
--