List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord: Printing
From:       Jason Wood <jasonwood () cableinet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-11-19 2:25:31

On Sunday 18 November 2001 11:59 pm, David Faure wrote:
> Didn't you say the problem was PS file generation ? The best way might be
> for someone who knows PS (i.e. not me) to look into the generated file.
> Qt is the primary culprit for PS generation. Especially if you said that
> the problem happens in other KDE/Qt apps. Then there's the EPS handler but
> that's part of kdelibs so we're using the same.

Hi,

I don't know if this sounds too sensible but... If we suspect there is a PS
generation error, how about if (from using the same test document) Johnathon
creates a PS file on his system (where we know it doesn't work correctly),
David creates one on his (where the problem doesn't manifest), and then
compare the generated PS files?

If they are the same, it rules out a postscript generation problem. If they
are not the same then the differences in the files may give a hint as to
where the problem lies.

Or am I being really naive about this?

(Incidentally, I've sort of got cvs figured out now, so once I figure out how
to compile KDE3 without messing up my KDE2 installation, I'll be joining the
party and start fixing bugs)

--
Jason Wood