List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord: Printing
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-11-18 23:40:05

On Sunday 18 November 2001 17:19, Ralph De Witt wrote:

> Are their any ideas as to what may becausing this. I know I am not the only
> one having this problem. I have run across several other people on the SuSE
> mailing list having this same problem. But so far no solutions or a clue as
> to what the problem may be.

 Hi Ralph:

 I too have SuSE 7.3. Try using the fonts Courier or Utopia. These two fonts
work ok.

 Here is what I found by printing out various fonts in Kword. NOTE: It
appears that most of these will print out in Kspread. However, if I remember
correctly,  many are mapped to the same font. That is Terminal, Lucidabright,
Nimbus mono l and Helvetica all print out as Helvetica.

Fonts that print correctly:

Bitstream Charter: fonts are normal in print preview but some lines of
text are missing and embedded png's are not fully rendered. Hard copy
is fine and bold words print correctly.

Courier: print previews correctly and prints correctly. Bold words are
printed correctly.

Luciduxmonolucidux mono: Print previews correctly and prints hard
copies correctly.

Utopia: Some Lines are missing in print preview. hard copy print out is
fine including bold words.

Fonts that don't print preview correctly but do produce good hard
copies with some text features missing.

Fixed: print previews correctly with the exception that bold words are
not displayed as bold. Also bold words in the Kword document are not
bold, in the hard copy.

Luciduxsanslucidux sans: Print preview has missing lines of text. Bold
words are not displayed as bold in print preview nor are they bold on
the hard copy. Rest of text is fine.

Luciduxseriflucidux serif: Some lines of text missing and bold does not
print in preview or on hard copy. Rest of text is fine.

Fonts that have unacceptable corruptions:

Bookman 1: fonts are correctly rendered but again, missing text lines.
On actual print out bolded words are mangled.

Century Schoolbook I: fonts are normal in print preview but lines of
text are missing. Words in bold are mangled or compressed.

Gothic 1: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

Helvetica: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

Lucida: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

Lucidabright: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

Lucidatypewriter: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

New century schoolbook: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

Nimbus mono l: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

Terminal: Text is compressed together, in print preview.

--
							Cheers,

							Jonathan